Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Reads

 

From the Outer Banks last year where I spent everyday on the beach with my Nook. It was perfection.

My favorite time of the year when I was growing up was Summer, of course. Like every teenager everywhere I savored the times I could sleep in and watch too much t.v.

In high school I always had a summer job and for several years it was as a day camp counselor and it was awful, but I still didn't have school work and tests to worry about. Meaning, after 5pm I could officially become brain dead until 8am the next morning.

It was wonderful. I still read during those summers, but it was never anything too difficult mostly Harry Potter and once Claiming Georgia Tate (in fact I think I read all the books from this list that summer, very pleasant) things that I could read on breaks and down times.

I've been very slowly making my way through NPR's Top 100 Sci-fi and Fantasy Books list and reading the Classics along with a group. All have been very good reads but also very heavy. I decided since I don't get to have a summer like I used to I was going to give myself a literary summer break.

I really need some good escapist fiction to bury myself in at the present. I started with Mercedes Lackey's Arrows of the Queen which I absolutely loved. I also tried my first Romance but since it's the fifth in the series I was bored and confused.

I will also be taking a summer break from book reviews. I say though one or two are bound to pop up. I'll hopefully have my camera back soon and plan on trying a few different things with this blog this summer as well.

Changes! Exciting!


Do you have a summer reading habit, or list?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment