Monday, August 20, 2012

What I'm currently reading...

I'm in the middle of reading a couple of things that I thought I'd share with you. I'm still recuperating from the wedding weekend and we have a house guest in the form of a Great Pyrenees this week, so I'm a little slow on my reading, forgive me.
Outlander



My aunt gave this too me to read I'm about 2/3rd of the way through and I like it.
Goodreads has mixed reviews on it at polarizing ends too. They are either obsessed with the series (didn't realize it was legit series I just thought it was stand alone) or they tore the book apart. (someone stated they burned it which was a bit melodramatic in my opinion) Right now I haven't gotten to any "romantic" parts which is what has everyone in a tizzy, but am enjoying the peek into Scottish history which I know nothing about.

Anna Karenina



I'm reading this along with a group on Goodreads.
Actually, I'm listening to it on audiobook. I had to read Tolstoy in high school and I knew from experience I'd give up on actually reading it pretty quick. I do still tend to tune out parts of the book where he launches into his theorizing on economics and class, though interesting, they get tedious. That aside I'm enjoying the story and the characters thus far.

A Study in Scarlet



I've read/listen to a lot of Sherlock Holmes short stories but never any of the novels. This series of graphic novels has interested me for awhile and this one just happened to be at the library last week...

I'm planning on making lots of progress on all of these this week and have summaries as well as some opinions on Romance and the Classics.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment