Thursday, August 9, 2012

Favorite Aurthors

a person or thing regarded with special favor or preference.

I've been trying to figure out who my favorite author is so I could do a post about him/her, but as it turns out I don't have just one; I have three. Three different authors for three different reasons.


1. Neil Gaiman- I started reading Anasi Boys on a vacation and loved it. After that I started looking specifically for books written by Gaiman. Then I saw him all over the internet. He has a Twitter and Tumblr account which I both follow. Through this I know more about him than any author I've read about and I think he's a cool dude. He is my favorite author for his personality.



2. J.K. Rowling- I love the Harry Potter series so much. The re-read value is excellent. I've read the whole series several times. I'm not a fan of J.K.Rowling as a person- she strikes me as snobby and aloof, but I can't deny she is a fabulous writer. She is the author of my favorite book series.








3.Tamora Pierce- I read everything that she wrote in middle school and high school. I love her characters, she writes strong female characters that are believable. The plots in her books are full of epic adventure. She's the author of some of my favorite characters.







Six months from now this set could change, or there could be another one added on, there are so many good authors out there for some many different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment