Thursday, December 27, 2012

What I've been reading lately


With all that's been going on lately I haven't had time to read much of anything. Well, yesterday we had a "blizzard" which was about two inches of snow with an inch of slush/ice. I've had three wrecks related to slush ice and was having major anxiety about driving to work. I normally wouldn't let it bother me and just drive slow, but I knew that the roads were bad because Ben told me when he got to work. I was supposed to get off late last night and after battling with the ice covering my car I decided it was best to stay home. It was pretty wonderful, I won't lie. I started organizing my office, put up Christmas decoration and cooked some dreadful asian food. It was just what I needed and I was able to catch up on my reading. I've sort of abandoned DC's 52 for now. Wonder Woman's story is interesting but I'm starting feel like it's dragging on... and Batman's story is well, I know tons of people love Batman and all but the whole Batman/Joker story is just getting a little old. Now, I say this but I haven't been reading Batman all that long just story arcs here and there and I was happy to see Batman up against the court of Owls and I knew that Joker had to come back and I'm sure A Death in the Family is an epic story arc, but it's so expensive to follow multiple series story arcs. 
Anyway, my twitter has been blowing up about the series 'Saga' so I bought the first volume. It's written by Brian K. Vaughan who also wrote 'Y: the Last Man' which I haven't read but Ben did and told me how fantastic it is. Saga is wonderful the art is fantastic if not a little squeamish at times. (There's a woman who is a spider. Squeamish.) The story is a new twist on star-crossed lovers who just had a child and the universe is a war. It's too neat I've been harassing Ben to read it, but he doesn't take to well to digital comics yet.

I also totally impulse bought 'The Wedding of Cyclops and Phoenix' which so far has been mostly about the Legacy virus and hasn't had much of Cyclops or Jean, but I did learn about Psylocke's past which is still hard to wrap my head around. (She's two people in two bodies one of them's English and another the spirit of a Korean assassin...)


No comments:

Post a Comment